The electric motor fitted to the EE 5 produces a peak power output of 5 kW – much the same as its 2-stroke counterpart. The permanent magnet, air-cooled motor features an extremely compact and slim design, which is well suited to the smaller chassis. The electric motor is also air-cooled, water and dust-proof, making it largely maintenance free. Lastly, an integrated control unit (ECU) guarantees a direct, but very controllable and unintimidating power delivery in all conditions.
Ensuring users have all relevant information at a glance, a multi-functional instrument and display is located between the steering head and seat. The user can select 6 different ride modes with different power characteristics suited from beginners, up to experienced racers. In addition, the remaining battery charge is also displayed.
A high-strength chromium molybdenum steel frame houses the electric drivetrain and maintains carefully calculated parameters of longitudinal flex and torsional rigidity. This benefits handling characteristics and enhances the suspension functionality, guaranteeing precise cornering and outstanding stability.
- RATED OUTPUT : 2 kW / 3,200 rpm
- TORQUE : 13.8 Nm
- TRACTION BATTERY : Lithium-ion
- CHARGER LINE VOLTAGE : 80-240 V/50-60 Hz
- CHARGING INPUT : Quick charging 5 A @ 230 V (AC)
- CHARGING POWER : 900 W
- CHARGING TIME 100 % : 70 min.
- CHARGING TIME 80 % : 45 min.
- COOLING : Air cooled
- ELECTRIC MOTOR : 48 V – BLDC motor with outer rotor 6000 rpm
- MAX. POWER : 5 kW / 3,900 rpm
- FRONT BRAKE DISC DIAMETER : 160 mm
- REAR BRAKE DISC DIAMETER : 160 mm
- FRONT BRAKE : Disc brake
- REAR BRAKE : Disc brake
- CHAIN : 1/2 x 3/16″
- FRAME DESIGN : Chrome-molybdenum steel central-tube frame
- FRONT SUSPENSION : XACT 35 WP Upside-Down fork, Ø 35 mm
- REAR SUSPENSION : XACT WP PDS mono shock
- SEAT HEIGHT : 665 mm
- STEERING HEAD ANGLE : 66 °
- SUSPENSION TRAVEL (FRONT) : 205 mm
- SUSPENSION TRAVEL (REAR) : 185 mm